Hypocrisy Runs Rampant as U.S. Criticizes Iranian Government

by patriotwatchdog 6/21/2009 10:10:00 AM

Election fraud caused the Iranian people to rise up against a corrupt government after the recent presidential elections. It is hypocritical for our corrupt government officials to look down their noses at Iran when they are doing the same thing to Americans.

Homeland Security released a "Right Wing Extremists" report to point a finger at, and cast an air of suspision towards patriotic American soldiers and veterans who have the audacity to speak out against a government that regularly violates and disregards the very Constitution they went off to war in defense of.

DHS Secretary Janet Napolitano didn't apologize for trying to paint veterans and citizen activists as potential domestic terrorists. She only apologized for our being offended by it.

While I'm sure every freedom-loving American sympathizes with the Iranian people, it is hard to take seriously the words of current and former U.S. Presidents in their criticism of what's going on in Iran right now. Our government needs to practice what it preaches, and more importantly, start listening to "We the People."

This double standard is one of the key reasons foreign governments and many peoples of the world don't trust the U.S. anymore. As a nation we make it easy for conservative Muslims and others around the world who don't really know the American people to point a harsh finger in our direction while chanting "Democracy! Hypocrisy!"

We need to clean up our own political act so when we scold or advise other governments around the world we'll actually have some credibility.

For the record: The United States is NOT a democracy. The U.S. is a constitutional republic.

Thomas Jefferson warned, "In a democracy, 51% of the people can vote away the rights of the other 49%."

Our founding fathers recognized the inherent folly in a pure democracy. The pact between the several States that became the U.S. Constitution makes that perfectly clear to anyone who gives it an honest reading, and listens to the wisdom of those that wrote it.

I find it ironic that Members of Congress are quick to proclaim their solidarity with the protesters in Iran, and yet, totally disregard the pleas of U.S. citizens and veterans who want honesty and integrity restored to our elections and government.

On this Father's Day, besides honoring our own fathers, we should pause and pay a bit of respect to, and take the advice of our nation's dads, the Founding Fathers.

 

 

Currently rated 1.8 by 25 people

  • Currently 1.84/5 Stars.
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Tags:

Related posts

Comments

Powered by BlogEngine.NET 1.3.0.0
Theme by Mads Kristensen

About the author

FIRE Coalition FIRE Coalition
FIRE Coalition is a nationwide coalition of individuals and groups dedicated to Federal Immigration Reform and Enforcement.

E-mail Us Send mail

Calendar

<<  October 2014  >>
MoTuWeThFrSaSu
293012345
6789101112
13141516171819
20212223242526
272829303112
3456789

View posts in large calendar

Pages

    Recent comments

    Sign in